A little about us
We are Rexlabs – an eighty-person product house that takes complex problems and untangles them into simple, usable products. We're a design-driven company that values ownership, initiative and constant learning, with a single minded focus on the Real Estate industry. Our largest product is Rex: a whole-of-business CRM used by over 1,800 real estate agencies across Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Spoke and Siteloft make up the rest of the Rexlabs family.
Our office is located in the heart of Newstead near the Gasworks precinct, surrounded by great cafes, eating areas & micro breweries.
About the role
This role offers the opportunity to have a big impact on our Spoke Product and Account Management teams, driving Key Results for the company in this next growth phase.
You will work closely with the wider Spoke team to create go-to-market plans, product positioning, messaging, and sales/user enablement materials. You will own key elements of the marketing plan and have the opportunity to grow your career as the company scales.
This role has matrix reporting to Spoke Product Manager and Head of Brand and Marketing (BAM)
Day to day relationships include: Spoke Product Team, Spoke Account Managers and the BAM team
This is a great role for you, if:
- are looking to develop a career in product marketing and how it can drive rapid growth!
- you enjoy working with a small but dedicated team to help define the areas of opportunities across the organisation.
- have a passion for the real estate industry and appreciate the challenges different professionals face
- you love tech and opportunities it presents to make life in real estate better
Your main missions
You will become the storyteller for Spoke, developing and impacting high impact and differentiated solution positioning and messaging for all our global locales.
Customer Research (Generative)
This is all about spending time in the market - talking to prospects and users about the important things and listening to hear where Spoke can become heroes. Your research will help win more prospects, keep more customers, outsell competitors, unlock new opportunities, derisk business decisions and help drive growth and profit
- interviewing customers/users and talk directly with Account Managers to gather customer feedback on the product and the service delivery around it - from different user types.
- identifying patterns behind high spend, high CSAT and brand advocacy
- running competitor intelligence research across both direct and indirect competitors. regularly
- analysing conversations/intel to discover trends and patterns
- documenting insights, managing versions and ensuring regular updates
- sharing the findings across all teams, regularly presenting findings (SW, OT)
- running the numbers to watch performance improves
Segment and Persona Development
- conducting interviews with prospects and customers to support persona development for both buyers and users
- working with BAM to develop and document persona maps, including pain points and jobs-to-be-done
- working with Account Managers around how to maximise personalised communications based on these personas
- differentiating onboarding and success calls with persona-based sales enablement
- providing better customer experience from understanding around motivation and drivers
- creating education and engagement communications by persona for increased product spend
Positioning, and Messaging
- using research and personas build internal positioning(s) collateral to ensure all messaging comes back to a single truth
- isolate what makes our brand unique and competitive in market categories that make sales and retention more compelling
- build messaging maps to be the basis for outward-facing comms - delivering and maintaining the single point of truth for product messaging - 1 doc that does it all.
Go to Market Strategy and Execution
- crafting GTM communications for product launches, feature releases, market expansion, new or re-positioning
- briefing the BAM to create and delivery marketing communications to support GTMs
- manage launches, including their internal communication to not just stakeholders - but the broader business
- working with BAM creation team to create and delivery content requirements to both acquire customers and retain users (and build the fan base) - inc web content, case studies, testimonials, blogs, ebooks, infographics and PDFs
- then work with the BAM digital marketing team to execute and publish comms - inc emails, website, landing pages, ads,
- reviewing the effectiveness of messaging and comms with the digital marketing team, and identify areas of improvement/optimisation
- writing and distributing press releases that are newsworthy, relevant and engaging (BAM can support execution of this). Help support brand and marketing partnership commitments to trade media, industry bodies and associated organisations/partners.
- work with BAM teams to provide messaging and insights on demand generation activities
Onboarding and Retention
- manage the content strategy around regular and ad-hoc comms (eg monthly newsletters, product announcements) and work with Product and BAM teams to create and execute on this
- produce briefs for content to support the user journey from onboarding into product (feature) usage - always educating on the benefits of digital advertising for the brand and their business
- research and write the content
- collaborate with Account Managers to deliver great 'on-brand' service that meets the brand/products positioning
- understand the churn environment and work with product to establish trends that could be overcome with messaging/communications
- partner with customers to develop and share best practices, use cases
- work with RexTraining team and BAM to create and deliver training opportunities to extend both usage and product/brand love
- work with Account Managers to identify potential case studies and testimonial clients. Gain their support/input and the. work with BAM to create and deliver content for both prospects and customers
- provide Account Managers with support/collateral required to request and delivery reviews
- review and updating all published industry stats (like # facebook users by country) across website/blogs, ebooks and sales collateral
Analysis and Optimisation
- know the numbers that matter and learn how analysis and insights in Product Marketing can move the dial
- set campaign/project objectives, track outcomes and report on results, identify areas of improvement - or great successes to be repeated
- work with BAM digital marketing team to understand areas with message optimisation in the marketing sites and in sales comms
- work with Product team to understand product usage metrics and identify opportunities for improvement, or repositioning of features.
Communication and Presentation
- create and confidently deliver high quality presentations (live or by video) that influence your audience
- able to explain all aspects of the product and its marketing efforts to anyone in the company in a way that is compelling and relevant to them
- organise and support the team/business in presenting within and outside the business
Networking and Influence in the community
- actively involved in the product/tech and marketing communities - esp in the local Brisbane/SEQ market
- have a positive impact on the recognition of Rexlabs as an employer of choice
- are a fast learner, who enjoys the challenge of becoming a marketing subject matter expert in all things Real Estate digital advertising
- have a passion to understand consumer behaviour and psychology
- are great on the phone - with growing experience in interview techniques (open questions and active listening)
- love to take complex ideas and translate them into simple human communications
- have got some professional marketing experience and looking to expand your skills and knowledge
- can write! in a way that is compelling and engaging - from short form web content to blogs and press releases to internal strategy docs
- you thrive in a fast-paced environment and feel comfortable working with flexible and growing rules/process that require you to take a position and run with it
- are focused on getting things done and have strong project management skills
- could (with the right knowledge) happily take a sales or a success call
- love to work in a team and share your knowledge with others
- tick these boxes : creativity, inspiration, resilience, curiosity, trustworthiness, and confidence
- love a challenge
- and big picture .. there is nothing better than to see the results of your work directly impact the business' success
- 2+ years in the realestate industry
- some experience in all channels in the traditional digital marketing mix
- experience developing clear messaging and content for multiple audiences
- experience conducting qualitative market research (interviews over the phone or in-person) to develop actionable insights
- ability to analyse and distil data into actionable insights and to inform campaign strategy and product development
- understanding customer data, web metrics, digital analytics, and the ability to generate, analyze, and interpret data. Proficiency with excel/Google Sheets or similar
- gifted storyteller being able to develop and articulate product vision, mission, value prop, and benefits of Spoke
- solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional product teams, prioritise high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- experience delivering effective and innovative marketing campaigns in a B2B environment.
- experience in a/some CRM and email marketing automation platforms like Hubspot with the ability to translate that understanding to other automation products
- must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects. Experience in using a collaborative project management tool - like Asana
- excellent oral and written communication skills. you are a charismatic, people-person that has the ability to talk to anyone and work in an ever-changing startup environment
Our BAM team is lead by Head of Marketing for Rexlabs, Tracey Jones