Rexlabs is a 80-person digital product and service company based in Tenerife, Brisbane. Rexlabs develops products for the real estate and property management industries in Australia and the UK, with thousands of customers using our CRM, digital advertising suite and site builder.
About this role
Are you an Accountant that understands the importance and value of Business Intelligence & Analytics within a Finance team? If you are, we’d love to chat to you!
At Rex, we are looking for a Senior Accountant to help us level up our capabilities around understanding business performance and product profitability. Ideally, someone who can help bridge the gap between the key business metrics and the associated Profit & Loss outcomes. If you love getting into the nuts and bolts of understanding drivers of performance and sharing valuable insight with the team, then please read on…
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering monthly financial reports through analysing performance versus forecast/budget and identifying key drivers of performance
- Supporting insight-led decision-making through the development of metrics and reports, and providing analytical support
- Developing and maintaining financing models, with accountability for ensuring the timely submission and consolidation of inputs from each business area
- Preparation and business partnering in build-up of forecasts/budget, working closely with product owners and divisional ‘heads of’.
- Administration of the formal budget and forecast submission processes in Xero / Fathom to ensure targets are bedded down into our reporting tools and systems.
- Identifying opportunities for financial process improvements and supporting key process improvement initiatives
- Monitoring and supporting compliance measures in-line with the Financial Control Framework
- Overseeing and providing detailed review of BAU finance activities, such as Payroll, AP, AR.
- Working closely with the Rex Accountant on the bookkeeping side to ensure workflows are maintained and executed in accordance with the Rex Financial Control Framework.
- Responsible for ensuring Banking function is operating in line with associated workflows (Payroll, AR, AP)
- Managing & mentoring the current Rex Accountant, leading performance conversations and assisting with the setting of quarterly OKR’s (Objectives & Key Results) at the employee level.
- Owning the management of the Employee Option Plan, adds/remove/change and associated re-calculations.
- Ad-hoc industry level financial analysis as requested by relevant stakeholders across the business, to aid with business development opportunities.
- Improve initiatives, ‘better ways of working’, keeping up to date with advancements in accounting technologies and implementing where appropriate.
- Stakeholder Reporting, communicating insights, actuals vs budget analysis, insights & commentary for leadership team, board and external stakeholders.
- Product level reporting and profitability analysis, commentary and insight generation for key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing, tracking and reporting financial and non- financial information (Metrics, KPI’s).
- Xero software expertise, including best practice and app ecosystem knowledge of emerging products is well regarded.
- Experience implementing and using Business Intelligence tools, e.g, Klipfolio, Fathom, Tableau is well regarded.
- Prior bookkeeping experience with managing Payroll, AR and AP using Xero is highly regarded.
- Advanced Google Sheets expertise is essential for Cash Flow Modeling, scenario planning, and budgeting / forecasting, as part of the Financial Planning & Performance (FP&A) workflow.
- Passionate about deriving insight from analysis.
- Experience in process improvement and change management is also advantageous
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. You will enjoy building relationships and partnering with others to achieve outcomes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude towards change
- Previous experience with Software as a Service (SAAS) businesses, is well regarded.