A little about us
We are Rexlabs – a sixty-person product house that takes complex problems and untangles them into simple, usable products. We're a design-driven company that values ownership, initiative and constant learning. Currently, we focus on the real estate and financial tech verticals. Our largest product is Rex: a whole-of-business CRM used by over 1,300 real estate agencies across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
Our office is located in the heart of Newstead near the Gasworks precinct, surrounded by great cafes, eating areas & micro breweries.
About the role
As a Senior Backend Developer, you'll be working in a cross-functional product team - You’ll work collaboratively with designers, developers and a product manager to understand and solve customer problems. You’ll work closely with the whole team to help define and achieve the product’s quarterly OKRs, shipping incremental value in the areas that matter most.
In addition to working on a variety of features and bug fixes, as a senior you'll work closely with the backend team to lead important technical & architectural initiatives.
- Product-focused - enthusiasm for understanding & solving customer problems
- A minimum of 5 years professional development experience, with at least 3 of those years spent working with other developers in a team environment
- Professional experience writing PHP using a modern framework (e.g. Laravel, Symfony)
- Real-world professional experience building robust, modern APIs
- An enthusiastic attitude that embraces ownership, initiative, collaboration and constant learning
Nice to haves
- A proven track record of mentorship or team leadership
- Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience in introducing modern framework components to legacy systems
- Understanding of high availability/disaster recovery concepts and how they impact development
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to work with distributed transactions and eventual consistency
- Previous experience working with frontend technologies or other computer science disciplines