About the role
Rexlabs is an 80-person digital product and service company based in Tenerife, Brisbane. Rexlabs develops products for the real estate and property management industries in Australia and the UK, with thousands of customers using our CRM, digital advertising suite and site builder.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with designers, developers and product managers to understand and solve customer problems. You’ll work closely with the whole team to help define and achieve the product’s quarterly OKRs, shipping incremental value in the areas that matter most.
In addition to working on a variety of features and bug fixes, as a senior, you'll work closely with the frontend team to lead important technical & architectural initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
- Tackling problems, proposing architectures and building solutions
- Providing technical leadership to other team members and mentoring less experienced engineers, creating a culture of growth and development
- Writing clean, maintainable code following best practices and fitting with the style of the codebase.
- Helping architect and scale software as part of a modern technology stack that presently spans four products and a design system.
- Working with highly collaborative, dynamic, and remote teams in a startup-ish environment.
What you’ll bring
- Enthusiasm for understanding & solving customer problems
- A fondness for breaking down complex problems into actionable chunks and a willingness to iterate on your solutions.
- An understanding from the perspective of the business - you appreciate and work within the "economic constraints"
- Experience working within a modern Frontend stack with React and Typescript.
- Experience in frontend testing and a strong understanding of the value of, and approaches to, testing in frontend applications (unit, vs component, vs integration).
- You communicate well, accept and incorporate feedback from others, and are happy to work on features and less-glamorous (yet needed) tasks.
- An energised attitude that embraces ownership, initiative, collaboration and constant learning
Nice to Haves
- A proven track record of mentorship or team leadership
- Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience using component libraries and design systems and have a demonstrated experience of working closely with designers
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts