Rexlabs is home to around 80 local Brisbanites and a rapidly expanding UK office, who all love creating, designing, selling and supporting SaaS tech for the real estate market. Sounds niche? Maybe—but this is a massive global market and Rexlabs wants to be at the forefront of tech that enables the property business and supports the people who buy, sell, rent, lease and manage all types of real estate.
Spoke is the cool kid in the Rexlabs family: it’s been kicking pretty extreme growth goals and is delivering enormous value to our customers here in Australia, New Zealand and in the UK. Spoke is an ad tech tool for real estate agents with no digital marketing training. It dramatically simplifies the process to create, monitor and improve highly performant digital campaigns that help to sell properties and build brands in local communities.
Our mission is to level the playing field in property marketing by democratising access to complex social digital marketing platforms for our small business customers. In doing so we aim to empower our customers to transform the way that people find and connect with property and the real estate ecosystem.
About this role:
You will be working closely with a product manager in a modern cross-functional product team, helping shape the future direction of Spoke by building on features both new and existing. In addition to your core team you’ll have support from discipline experts, leaders and functional teams in the broader Rexlabs business who will be rooting for your success.
You’ll operate in an agile, OKR-driven environment where validation and iteration are the main focus in order to:
- Expand and improve the performance of the Spoke platform
- Scale acquisition and drive increased engagement with Spoke by our customers
- Be involved in all areas of product design: problem definition, user and competitor research/testing, documentation, conceptualising flows in low and high fidelity mediums, iterating, processing feedback, and prototyping.
- Make strategic design and UX decisions on core and new functionality across Spoke, working alongside the product manager to help shape and deliver the overall product vision.
- Define complex behaviours - not just designing interfaces - and work collaboratively with developers to iterate on designs to reach robust outcomes.
- Collaborate with the product manager to provide design guidance to our support and marketing teams, helping shape the end-to-end rollout and consumption of all features we build.
- Play a leading role in building out our research practices, tools, process and training. Support other designers in their discovery work and analysis of insights.
- Be an active contributor to the design team’s professional development and operations, promoting HCD skills and techniques within the design team and across the company.
- Immerse yourself in the sprawling domain of real estate, with the drive to engage with our users to become a subject matter expert over time.
- Design, prototype and iterate on new UI elements/user interaction flows including layout, typography, microinteractions and more.
- Work amongst a large set of pre-existing design patterns, using our in house Design System.
- 5+ years of senior product design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a designer participating through the product development cycle of one or more successfully launched web and/or mobile apps.
- Demonstrated ability to design complex products in a B2B setting with clear success measures that are validated and iterated on with customers and data to ensure value is being delivered
- Experience or comfort using analytical tools to investigate and analyse customer data e.g. Mixpanel
- A significant amount of research / product discovery experience across complex domains, including conducting remote user interviews and contextual inquiry, design sprints and more.
- Mastery of the modern product design toolset, with advanced skills in Sketch, XD or Figma and strong prior experience using other ancillary tools such as InVision, Principle, Dovetail or others.
- Proven experience leveraging design system styles, components and patterns to develop compelling experiences within the constraints of the existing design approach.
- Technically minded, with confidence in dealing with information architecture and abstract problem-solving. You may not have development experience, but you should feel comfortable working in a technical environment and have an established understanding of how modern web applications are built. You also have experience in working alongside developers to address feasibility risks.
- A passion for prioritising outcomes over output. We’re after people who are relentlessly pragmatic and who value solving the problems of our users - in a measurable way - instead of raw delivery.
- Efficient and direct communication skills, with the ability to wrangle valuable outcomes out of complicated discussions.
- Prior experience in leading and mentoring junior product designers in a team environment.
- Skills in visual design with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- A passion for the software industry and modern software design.
Nice to haves
- Prior experience in designing products in the advertising technology domain.
- Prior experience in designing products in the real estate domain, and/or other professional real estate experience.
- Prior web development experience, either frontend or backend.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design or a related field.